Linksys Smart wi-fi & Technical Support
Linksys routers have been consistently at the top with the most stable and best performance. They are known for their smooth safe and secure functioning. It’s important to set up a router after you buy it as completion of the setup of device gives you access to your device. Linksys router comes with an inbuilt feature with advanced settings and has safe and secure wifi networking. Before you start with the set up, you should know the procedures to perform Linksys router set up. There are many types of Linksys routers available in the market to include like Linksys WRT54G, Linksys WRT610n, and the Linksys e4200 which support both wired and wireless network configurations.
How can one access the Linksys router’s setup page
- Initially, you will have to connect devices to one another. Start this with attaching your cable modem to the Linksys router Internet or WAN port.
- Connect the computer to one of the four router’s numbered ports using Ethernet cable.
- Wireless users will have to connect PC first with an Ethernet Cable and then connect the Linksys router power adapter to the electrical outlet.
- Launch an internet browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar to access the Linksys router smart Wi-Fi page.
- You will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router (The default username and password is “admin”). The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the router has been logged in, the user will be taken to the Linksys router setup page.
- The user’s router will now be setup properly and the router is ready to be used.
Access Linksys Smart Wifi settings
Once you are done with the set up of the router, you can now use it modify the settings and adjust the speed or get an access to the advanced features of Linksys routers by simply logging into your Linksys router login access page. Before connecting your Linksys router you must take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your computer to the Cable Modem. You will have to connect one end of the Ethernet cable to a port at the back of the switch and the other end to a port at the back of the router. Now you will have to connect devices to one another. Start this with attaching your cable modem to the Linksys router Internet or WAN port..
For Linksys router login, you must follow the given instructions.
- Open a web browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com or type a default IP http://192.168.1.1 which gives you an access to the Linksys router admin page.
- Enter the default information with the “admin” as default username and password.
- You get an access to Linksys router home screen page and can configure your network according to your preference.
- Make sure the default information is case sensitive
- However, the router works smoothly without any need to do configuration as it is already functional with its default settings. But if this router is a wireless one, you will have to set an SSID so that the router is identified as yours. Also you will be able to use WEP so that you can control who uses your wireless router.
Method for connecting to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter www.linksyssmartwifi.comweb address into the browser address bar and press enter.
- In case, web address gives an error, use http://192.168.1.1 IP address.
- Once you login to router you can start personalizing router settings.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup will start automatically, select “I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software”, and then click “Next”
- Create an network name and password when asked
- Select “Make network names the same” then click “Next” to continue.
- Confirm if all the settings displayed are ok and then click “Next”
- Now u can create the Linksys smart wifi account
- Once you set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, you can easily access it from anywhere by using a Linksys cloud account and linking your router to it.
www.linksyssmartwifi.com is the default utility that is used to manage the Linksys wifi routers from a remote location which means that you can manage your router advance configurations from any remote location. You just need to have a smart device like a computer or a mobile phone with working internet connections. You will able to access www.linksyssmartwifi.com using default login user name and password. Enter the default information with the “admin” as default username and password.
Your router is capable of either an automatic or manual firmware upgrade. Firmware updates are bug fixes and functionality enhancements for the router. Firmware updating of your Linksys router is important to fixe issues you encounter while using it. Also up to date firmware that you download recently from the Linksys Support site may contain device feature enhancements which were not available in the previous versions.
Linksys Smart WiFi App
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi gives you an access to Mobile Apps and Tools which help you to control your home network easily from anywhere and anytime. With a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, you can:
- Access network mapping to easily control and manage your devices
- Log in to your home network through a web browser or Mobile App from outside your home.
- Do media prioritization for high-definition video streaming and online gaming without buffering and lagging.
- Access to Parental Control feature by keeping an eye on your kids' browsing even when you are away from home
- Switch ON/OFF Internet connections of your devices at home from anywhere